12-10-2021 Transition week
This week the Local Authority are running a wide range of 'Moving on' events aimed at the parents of children in year 9 and above, exploring the issues around transition to adulthood.
See the Moving on booklet here for information about the moving on process and details of this week's events.
The events planned are:
Tuesday 12th October
- Understanding Transition - all you need to know about the process
- The Local offer and MyLife and how to navigate them
- The Mental Capacity Act and how it relates to young people with SEND
- My transition - hear from parents and young people about their transition experience (evening session 7-9 pm join here)
Wednesday 13th October
- Meet Send Services and find out about the Preparing for Adulthood outcomes and the process for moving to college 10 - 11 am - join here.
- How to support young people with behaviours of concern through transition 11 am - 12 noon join here
- Adult Social Care Personal Budgets 12 noon to 2 pm join here
- Direct Payments in Adult Social Care and Employing your own staff 6-8 pm join here
Thursday 14th October
Friday 15th October
- Ask the Parent Reps - a chance to talk to other parents about transition (with Our Voice and Carer to Carer) 11.30 - 12.30 join here
- Meet SEN services and find out about the Preparing for Adulthood outcomes and the process for moving to college 1-2 pm join here
Monday 18th October
- Understanding Transition - all you need to know about the transition process (evening session) 7-9 pm join here
Tuesday 19th October
- Transition surgery - ask the professionals anything you didn't understand from transition week. 11 am to 12 noon join here