03-07-2020 Latest Coronavirus news
Plans for schools to re-open in September:
You will probably have seen that the government has announced plans to fully re-open schools in September, and has provided updated guidance on how this is expected to work.
You can see a useful summary of the key points on the NNPCF (National Network of Parent Carer Forums) website here. Some of the key points are:
- Limits on group sizes will be lifted to allow schools to open at full capacity and children to return full-time
- Schools and colleges will deliver their full curriculum ahead of exams next summer
- Limits on nursery group sizes will be lifted from 20th July
- Covid-19 secure measures to remain in place to reduce the risk of transmission e.g. regular cleaning and frequent hand-washing, schools being asked to keep children in class or year-sized bubbles, and children will be asked to self-isolate at home when necessary
- The information also sets out what will happen in the event of Coronavirus cases arising at a school.
The NNPCF have responded to the announcements setting out key issues and concerns relating to the impact on children with Special Needs and Disabilities - see their response here.
Detailed guidance has been provided including guidance for schools, guidance for special schools, updated guidance for Further Education providers and guidance for Early Years settings and childcare providers.
Our Voice is in regular discussions with the Local Authority and Health about how the provision is given and families are supported during this time.
This page will be updated every few days with the latest developments. See our main Coronavirus news pages for a summary of advice over recent weeks:
General Coronavirus news - a summary of recent developments and guidance as they impact on families of children and young people with SEND, living in the Borough of Enfield.
Transition to homeschooling - advice on managing the change of routine, and some resources for home-schooling children with Special Needs and Disabilities
Talking to children and young people about Coronavirus - Easy read guidance and story-boards.
Anxiety and wellbeing - resources and support for parents and tools for children and young people.